Monday, July 20, 2009

Grandma Rhoton

It has been a crazy last week. On Monday night, July 13th, we received a call that Grandma Rhoton in Flagstaff had a stroke. They weren't sure of the severity of it...so we just kind of "held tight". They flew her down in a helicopter to Barrow's Neurological Institute in Phoenix. Tuesday was an up and down day. My mom was a wreck. She decided that she wanted to go, so she scheduled a 7 am flight from Chicago for Wednesday morning. At 1:40 on Wednesday morning I decided I wanted to go too! So we gathered up TJ and left at 1:50 am for the drive to Chicago (don't even ask how I got ready in 10 minutes!). We stayed until Sunday. On Saturday we had a great birthday party for Grandma Rhoton with about 50 (or half) of her grandkids! She turned 87 today. She is doing fantastic! I wouldn't have even known she had a stroke. She actually went home on Tuesday to Flagstaff and is slowing making a comeback. She is certainly a fighter!

No comments: