Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas morning

I am so not good at taking pictures when anything is chaotic...and well, Christmas morning is just that at the Hasse house...so this is all I got! :( And I couldn't get a photo of my nearly teenaged daughter to save my life because *gasp* she hadn't gotten all dolled up yet! :)

Christmas Eve was wonderful. We met at the mall at 11 am and all drew for names in the Santa Hat. This is our secret santa tradition we do every year. We don't buy for each other as family members except for on this one event. It is so awesome to see the thoughtfulness that goes into each gift that is given on this day. The little ones have a "Santa Buddy" that they go with. This year Natalie went shopping with Alex, Kennedy with daddy, and TJ with me. We went home and everyone scattered to wrap their precious gifts. That night we went and had a wonderful evening at my moms house where we had dinner with the missionaries and did our secret santa gift exchange. (I know- no pictures of ANY of that?)

We also did our family tradition this year of adopting a family through the Salvation Army. We had a single mom with three children. It was a much more managable task of shopping for them this year - as last year we had a family of 10! We also volunteered as a family to help put together food baskets for people that were picking up Toys for Tots through the Salvation Army as well.




No comments: