Monday, February 2, 2009

February...a new month!

I cannot believe it is February already! I feel as though I just "blinked" and then January was gone. Wow. I guess the groundhog saw his shadow though, so we are in for another 6 weeks of winter. Truthfully, I would be fine with 6 weeks. Last year we had snow outside on Easter. I love the winter months, but that is too much.

I look forward to spring because it means I can start planting my garden and letting my chickens roam free. But, for now, I will still enjoy the warmth and cozy feeling inside our home while the frigid air swirls outside around us.

Alex had a court of honor last week for boy scounts, and he is now a second rank scout. I have had to do a "crash course" in learning about boy scouts because I never had brothers growing up. Now he is working on his Music merit badge (this one should be cake for him). He is also working on fulfilling his "Duty To God" program through the church. He is a busy boy!

Mackenzie is finishing up the last book in the Twilight series. She is one crazy reader. I think this will total about 2500 pages that she has read in the past month. Insane. The kids both got their report cards this week...I think I need to talk to their teachers about challenging them more. Alex had 4 A+'s, 2 A's, a B+ and a B. Mackenzie had 2 A+'s, 3 A's & 1 B+. They are both academically gifted!

Natalie and Kennedy work about an 1 1/2 a day on their preschool studies. Right now Natalie is perfecting writing the alphabet and memorizing how to spell and write her name. Kennedy is learning to match her colors and count objects. They both love their music time! :)

TJ is still just as cute as a button! He "moans" himself to sleep...it is utterly adorable! He is just as happy as can be and the most perfect baby.

Brian and I are still just recovering from the holiday madness. I don't think we will start full-time working until about March. But today we enjoyed a lovely lunch date while we went down to Appleton to run some errands!

No comments: