Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Vapor Rub and Pickle Sandwiches

Vapor Rub and Pickle Sandwiches...not together of course!

This is what our house smells like these days. TJ and Natalie have had a bout of the lovely cough/cold combo. Natalie is hanging in there...she just has "boogies" in her nose. But poor little TJ. He can't nurse because he can't breathe...and he can't sleep, because he can't breathe. Basically he is miserable. And when he is miserable, I am miserable. I have a PediaCare night light that puts out stuff that smells like Vapor Rub right next to his crib. Even if it doesn't help, it makes me feel better that I am trying. That brings me to the Pickle Sandwiches. At least twice a day for the past 3 days Natalie has been asking for these. They are a very specific variety of deli delight. It is a Butternut hamburger bun, pickles slathered on top of each other on one side, and a mustard smiley face on the other side. She slaps it together and pushes it down with the palm of her hand until the mustard squishes out the sides. Then she rips it in half and gobbles it down. This child never eats ANYTHING without a battle. And, because I am too sleep deprived from TJ to battle with her, thus I leave her to enjoy Pickle Sandwiches...

No comments: