Monday, January 12, 2009

A day in the life of potty-training...


This is what my days have been looking like lately...every 1/2 hour or so, asking little Kennedy is she has to go "potty". We started last Wednesday, and I am happy to say we have been two days without any accidents, and she is even sleeping in underwear! :)

On Wednesday I washed about 8 pairs of underwear...she just wasn't getting it. Though by the end of the day she was saying "potty" as she was running to the bathroom, yet she still managed to wet her underwear along the way. I have to say that "pull ups" are a joke, and I would never recommend them for any sort of potty training. She would just wet in them, take them off, and hand them to me, saying "wet!".

Well, she must have just needed to "sleep" on the concept, because on Thursday we just washed 4 pairs of underwear. Friday, 2 pairs...and that was it! :) On Saturday I did put a diaper on her when she stayed at MeMa's while we went skiing, and she pooped in that, but that was the last time! Sunday and today have been "poops in the potty"...YAY!

Just thought I would share a highlight of my parenting experience in today's entry! Trust me, when so many of those that you talk to on a daily basis are under 3 feet tall, you learn to get excited over "Dora has a new show on today!", "Look, mom, I can play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star on the piano" and yes "Hey mom! I pooped in the potty!"

No comments: