Saturday, November 15, 2008

Alex's birthday luau!


















Tonight was Alex's birthday party...and just being the outrageously creative kid that he is, he decided that he wanted it to be a birthday luau (see previous posting for invite). At first I was a bit skeptical...until everyone on the party list showed up - all decked out in hawaiian attire! :) It was GREAT! I made BBQ chicken pineapple pizza for dinner, and a homemade pineapple upside down cake. For drinks we had pineapple soda with orange sherbet. Yummy!

Alex sure has a great group of friends. We had a bon fire outside and roasted marshmallows (a bit cold, but we had to get the bunch of 6th graders out of the house for a while!). While I was sitting there looking at all the kids surrounding the pit, I wondered what it would be like in 6 years when they are all seniors in high school. How cool will it be to see that same group then??? He sure has picked out a great bunch of people to be surrounded by. He is such a leader, and we are so proud of him!
***we were all wearing hawaiian attire too...I even had on a grass skirt...notice there are no pictures of me??? HAH! :)

No comments: