Sunday, November 23, 2008

The girls' MONKEY birthday party!


























































Oh my goodness...so much fun! I had such a blast planning this party. I know I went a bit overboard (as Aunt Theresa pointed out!)...but that is okay, because it wasn't stressful, it was just fun! I was up until 2 am the night before cooking and decorating. Mackenzie had a friend over to spend the night, so they stayed up to help me cook, and they even put the little brown boxes together, stuffed them, and glued on all the decorations to them...they did a great job!
Alex was in the parade in downtown Green Bay in the morning...so he didn't get back for until about 11:30 am...but we watched him from the comfort of our home (it was about 25 degrees outside...BRRRRR!) and he did a great job playing "Winter Wonderland" on his trumpet!

I don't know how I would have done it without my mom there...she is such a big help each and every day to us! :) And thanks to Aunt Theresa, I have great pictures...and I didn't even get to turn my camera on!
Just for reference to the many people who asked:

The cake is from http://www.cakeanatomy.com/ Dawn is awesome to work with! And will create anything your heart desires! Every time we have an event, I always get her to do our cake. She must dread my calls and my follow up emails, because I always have something very specific in mind, and I just need her to implement it! She does a great job!

The girls' dresses are from http://www.elleshanklin.etsy.com/ Gorgeous, gorgeous! I can't wait to make another order from her!
The girls' hats are from http://www.handicandioriginals.etsy.com/ I have ordered another 4 hats from her that will be coming shortly!
****the best part of the party was that we requested no gifts for the girls because they have so much already...but we asked that if anyone really wanted to bring something, they bring some items off the wish list for the Childrens Hospital of Wisconsin - Fox Cities. We are happy to say that we have just under $500 in gas cards for patients families, about $100 in cash, and many pairs of pajamas for the Outreach center! Thanks everyone! :)

No comments: