Monday, March 9, 2009

New baby chicks!







We are so excited about our new baby chicks! My mother doesn't know where I came from... she says she didn't raise me like this! :) Oh well...

Anyway, they are just adorable! They are an assortment of Brown Egg layers. It is so neat to wonder what they will grow up to be. We think we have some speckled ones this time. Last time we ended up with Reds, Whites and one black. These ones should be more colorful! We have 9 egg laying hens now, and 8 new baby chicks. We have a little brooder box all set up in the laundry room.

Ahhh....the little things in life. (If anyone is wondering, Brian probably thinks I am just as crazy as my mom does. But there is nothing like taking a day old baby chick, raising it up to where they follow you around the yard clucking, give them nice shelter and then go out every morning and gather the food they produce for you. What a sense of accomplishment!)

No comments: