Sunday, March 22, 2009

Our Wedding Anniversary




All the above pictures are from our wedding day...of course! :)



So, this is the second time Brian and I have done this in our relationship - gotten the same card for each other, that is! We both found this card humorous, because it said "I'll Love You...till I croak!". Well, everyone who is LDS knows that we don't believe in " 'Til death do you part" and even though we had a civil marriage ceremony first, Brian and I were sealed in the Portland Temple 18 months later. So, to us, our marriage is so much more. It is for "time and all eternity". Wow. Eternity. That is a REALLY long time! ;)



It was such an awesome "date" that Brian planned for us. We left around 10 am on Friday for Chicago. We went to the Chicago temple first, and then went to the Blue Man Group for the performance. Wow. It was absolutely amazing. Something I can't even describe. It was humorous, exciting & filled with amazing talent. Then we stayed on the "Magnificent Mile" in a great little hotel Brian found for us. We walked a couple blocks that night to Bennigans where we ate a late dinner. At 10:30 the next morning our cell phone rang. Brian answered it and it was Mackenzie. She said "are you guys almost home?"...Brian said "Um, no...mom is still sleeping!". I guess the kids had decided we had gotten enough "alone" time! LOL! Actually, I think Mackenzie was just wondering how she was going to get to the barn on Saturday. It was a spectacular weekend.


Just a couple pictures from our wedding day. Such an awesome day as well. Many people reflect on their wedding and say "Oh- I would have done this different" or "I wouldn't have spent money here or there". I can honestly say there isn't a thing I would have changed about that day. I put my heart and sould into planning for that wedding (as well as LOTS of hard work on both mine and Ms. Kim's part - remember hemming all those tablecloths?)...but seriously, it was all worth it!




No comments: