Saturday, March 14, 2009

Raspberry Cream Cheese Cake


Oh so fluffy and yummy! I made this cake for my mom to take to Enrichment night for Relief Society at church. It was the Relief Society's birthday...anyway, I made it in 2 9x13 inch pans and then layered them. For the first layer, I sliced off the top of the cake to make it smooth. Then I put a layer of 1/2 raspberry preserves and 1/2 raspberry pie filling (so, this was the filling in the center of the cake). Since I was in a hurry, I just used two boxes of Betty Crocker white cake mix. But then I made the frosting from scratch. I then put swirls of Raspberry pie filling across the top with just a sprinkle of coconut, just for decoration and added flavor. It really was good!


10 min prep

(I doubled the following recipe for my cake, since I made a large layered cake)

1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, room temperature
4 ounces unsalted butter softened
4 ounces vegetable shortening
1/4 cup seedless raspberry preserves
1 tablespoon Almond Extract
2 lbs powdered sugar
food coloring (optional)

-Beat cream cheese, butter, and shortening till light and airy. Add preserves and extract and pulse till blended.
-Adding the sugar till the consistancy is where you want. Adding more for decorating and less to make a smooth and creamy frosting or glaze if you prefer.
-Add food coloring if wanted.

No comments: