Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I have officially started "running"



So, I have officially started "running". Alex, Mackenzie, Brian and I are training to do our first family 10K. It is June 13th. Brian and Mackenzie are training everyday at school at 3 pm. They are running with 60 other people. I am not that crazy. :) Alex and I are running together every night doing the same training as they are...but in the privacy of just me and him. Alex kicks my behind. So, yesterday was the first day and we just ran a half mile. I thought I was going to die. It was so cold and windy outside I thought my lungs were going to burst. I literally came home and went to bed for a while. A lousy HALF mile did that to me...geez. But you know what? I am NOT a runner. Give me a pool and I can swim laps all day. Give me a track to run on and I will just lay there and sun bathe...so this is going to be a challenge for me.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in training, I LOVE this program...it is Couch-to-5K running plan...good luck!

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

No comments: