Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My booty is getting kicked!














Wow. I knew I was out of shape. I mean, I don't remember the last time I was on a regular workout schedule. Sooooo...

About 1 1/2 weeks ago we booked a Florida/Bahamas Cruise and vacation for the whole family. Fun, right? Yes. We are ALL looking forward to it. Problem? I have to squeeze my booty into a swimsuit by May 4th. That is 4 weeks from last Monday. After I booked the vacation I decided I REALLY wanted to lose 10 pounds. I was 10 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight with TJ (20 pounds from my pre-preg weight with Alex, but that is a different story). The thing is, I can't do anything crazy because I am still nursing. So, I am eating very healthy and working out. You know. All the things you are supposed to do in order to be healthy and lose weight. But it is SOOOO hard. (whine, whine).

You know what though? It is paying off! I am down 4 pounds already, 6 to go. I think it is very realistic to lose 6 pounds in 4 weeks.

What am I eating?

Well, I am not following a regimen of any diet. I am just making healthy choices and have changed my habits. I eat a HUGE breakfast. Something that wasn't like me. I used to be perfectly fine just skipping breakfast. For my chocolate cravings, I am drinking 2 slim fast shakes per day. So, this morning for breakfast I ate a slim fast shake, 2 hard boiled eggs, a peice of whole wheat toast with reduced fat peanut butter, and a yoplait low fat yogurt. Then I will have 3 snacks today as well as lunch and dinner. But, for dinner, it will be a very small portion. Like, a can of tuna mixed with a tbsp of relish and some cucumbers. I guess I am doing my own version of that diet "Dinner for Breakfast". I am also trying really hard not to eat past 6 pm. So far, so good.

Now, how am I getting my booty kicked?

I found an old SELF magazine. You know, the ones that show you how to do a "one month slim down" or what have you? I ripped out a couple pages of exercises that I could do at home, with Mackenzie, in fact. I just knew my limits and the idea that I was actually going to make it to the gym once a day was probably not going to happen. Anyhoo...so I thought "this will be great!". Looks easy enough. My goodness, they are HARD! Some are just fine, but I am not kidding. I hurt ALL OVER! It is such a great feeling though.

If anyone is up to trying it out, that would be great! I am also posting our running schedule in case anyone wants to check that out as well!

Make sure to click on each exercise to make it bigger...and good luck! :)

No comments: