Friday, October 3, 2008

the men in my life

Can I just rave about my husband for a minute? I mean, really...in a day in age where most women can't stand their husbands, I really feel like I have hit the jackpot. Not only does he treat me like a queen each and every day, but I have never known anyone who tries as hard as he does to be the best husband, father, and overall person. He is constantly trying to "right wrongs", and can always see both sides of the situation for almost any controversy.

What is so very awesome is that I see all the many things I love Brian for - in Alex. That means he is doing a phenomenal job in raising our boys! They are kind and considerate, and I hope they will one day make their wives and children proud of the men they have become!

Nothing beats the sound of music coming from our home. Sometimes it is just a few random notes tapped along the piano as Natalie walks by...other times it is Kennedy when she finds a drum stick in the drum room. But most of the time it is Alex playing the trumpet or both dad and son playing their guitars. Which brings me to why I am raving about Brian...how awesome is it to see your husband sit down and teach your son how to play the guitar?

Martin Luther once said:
"I have no pleasure in any man who despises music. It is no invention of ours: it is a gift of God. I place it next to theology. Satan hates music: he knows how it drives the evil spirit out of us."





No comments: